National Geographic Photo Books

Thursday, November 02, 2006

What's With The Ads?

We are experimenting with the addition of advertisements on the blog. You'll notice them on the right side of the page, at the bottom of the sidebar.

This space was empty before, so I thought I'd try to get some use out of it. I intend to limit the ads to relevant (I hope) products at Amazon.com and text ads from Google. So far, I've not been happy with the Google ads so there are none now but don't be surprised if they show up at some point.

If the ads generate any revenue, that money will flow to the Italy DNA Project's General Fund. The General Fund, in turn, will be used (and can ONLY be used) to subsidize tests and upgrades for project members at Family Tree DNA. I expect the Fund will be used to help folks who have genealogical hurdles that DNA could help them clear but who lack the means to pay for the proper tests. Also, the Fund will be used to pay for tests that are of limited genealogical benefit to the participant but of broad interest to the larger genetic community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home